Monday, August 10, 2009

A sweet and sour chicken story

A few years ago for my birthday my husband decided to make me dinner and have it ready when I got home. He looked threw a few of my Grandmothers notebooks of recipes. He decided to make sweet and sour chicken. Little did he know that I had no idea that the recipe was in the notebook. My Grandmother used to make this for us when she visited when I was a kid. It was my favorite as a child. Sadly my Grandmother past away when I was 13 and I had not had it since. My Grandmother was such a good cook and was always making something wonderful. She was my inspiration to go to culinary school and has had a huge influence on my life. My dad often says I am a lot like her. So little did my husband know that he was giving me the best birthday present ever just by making me sweet and sour chicken from a recipe he found in a old notebook that was on the bookshelf. I miss my Grandma and that recipe really brought me back. So I decided to share this wonderfully delicious recipe on ehow in honor of my birthday on Saturday hope you enjoy.

How to make sweet and sour chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment